- Trouble Right Here in River City: Video Evidence & Contamination of Interviews re Sexual Abuse — Interesting article about the contamination of child witnesses who are interviewed and videotaped- written by a convicted child sexual offender.
- Recovered Memory & cross-examination — A useful introduction to the issues surrounding recovered memory and guide to challenging expert witnesses.
- Questions to ask Custody Evaluators — US advice on questions to ask their equivalent of CAFCASS Officers.
- Questions on Tests & Psychometrics — A useful extract on cross examination in relation to psychological tests which also serves as a good introduction to the methodology of such tests.
- Presenting Negative Evidence — Advice on phraseology of criticisms of parents in residence disputes from US site.
- Lying In Family Court – High Conflict Institute — Some thoughts from US therapist William Eddy on dealing with liars in the family court.
- Interviewing Methods and Hearsay Testimony in Suspected Child Sexual Abuse Cases: Accuracy — Article by Judith Adams about the difficulties of interviewing children.
- How to Deal With the Narcissist In a Court of Law
- Ethics in Family Law — Canadian High Court Judge’s conference speech on ‘Ethics in Family Law: Is Family Law Advocacy a a Contradiction in Terms’. She argues that the emphasis in rules and lawyers’ approach should move towards the majority of cases which do not reach contested hearings.
- Cross-examining Children — This article is also of general interest when assessing the quality of interviews of a child.
- Cross Examination of the Medical Expert — Some tips from a US attorney on how to exploit the differences between a witness’s written and oral evidence and how to deal with experts.
- Syndrome Testimony, Base Rates, and What the Expert Can Ethically Tell the Trier of Fact — Article by Jack Annon