Family Law Webworld – a list of family law links by topic
- Citizens` Advice Bureaux — Fact sheets on numerous legal topics, information about how to get advice, and social policy documents.
- Legal Information and Resources in UK & Ireland — This site which is maintained by Delia Venables is a wonderful starting point for UK lawyers- look under information for lawyers. It also has a good update section with new websites and a family section. Delia Venables produces an Internet Newsletter for Lawyers and the site has much information about the business side of lawyers´ use of the internet.
- Lawzone – Legal consultants.
- Welcome to Lawlinks – Lawlinks – University of Kent — Kent University Lawlinks List of legal abbreviations, advice on how to use legal reference texts, some interactive tutorials on legal internet research and legislation & Sarah Carter’s comprehensive guide to the UK legal system. Very good resource for the beginner or if you need a quick refresher.
- Courts & Tribunals Judiciary — As the name suggests this website provides information about the judiciary and is a good source of information about Practice Directions and judgments of particular note. Most of the judgments and decisions are on other websites but this is a good way of finding them. The site also collects together speeches made by the judiciary.
- Infolaw gateway to the UK legal web — A general legal gateway to UK legal resources, lawyer directories, topical comments on the UK legal web, expert searches and law books edited by Nick Holmes. Requires registration for full search. Good section on family procedure. Infolaw are now offering a free email newsletter once a month withinformation on new sites and developments across the UK legal web,analysis and comment on established high-value web resources for lawyers,tips on how to get the most from the legal web, plus a summary of new resources added to the infolaw site. You need to register for the newsletter and you will get a free one month trial of infolaw`s fee-based service.
- Current Awareness — Inner Temple’s great legal platform sites with more than daily updates about legal developments.
- Legal document templates from Clickdocs — UK directory style site with links to solicitors, barristers, private investigators, translators, stationers and legal suppliers etc and legal documents. Some documents are free and others have to be paid for.